Thursday, October 02, 2008

Veggies



In an effort to become more adventurous eaters, eat healthier, eat locally, and buy organic food at reasonable prices we joined a CSA, community supported agriculture. We basically bought into a farm. So far I've been really happy with it. We don't always love the vegetables we get, but we've tried them all. We've gotten some more unusual things like kale, chard, kohlrabi, and beets. WE've also got yummy peaches, pear, squash, and broccoli.



We have had a lot of beets this summer. I've mostly roasted them on salt, peeled, cut and tossed with balsamic vinegar on salad.


We also have gotten grilling onions, lots of herbs (cilantro above) and peas. William loved the peas. I am not sure if he liked shelling the peas or eating them. He sat and shelled a huge bowl full and insisted that I put it in that night's dinner! So I guess my quest to get us eating a bigger variety of foods has worked. As long as I don't try to give the kids kale we are usually okay.










I've loved having fresh fruits and veggies and look forward to the fall harvest, too!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali, I love that you are trying to eat healthier. Way to go. Mom

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home